Having survived a petition demanding his deportation, CNN propagandist Piers Morgan is the target of a new petition — this time calling for the FBI to investigate him, his network, and others over a statement made by Buzz Bissinger, a writer at the Daily Beast.
“I don’t care what the justification is that you’re allowed in this country to own a semi-automatic weapon – much less a handgun. But what do you need a semi-automatic weapon for? The only reason I think you’d need it is, Piers, challenge Alex Jones to a boxing match, show up with a semi-automatic that you got legally and pop him,” Bissinger said on Piers Morgan’s CNN program.
“I’d love to see that,” responded Huffington Post’s Abby Huntsman.
“In uniform,” she said, laughing.
“I’ll borrow my brother’s uniform,” Morgan added.
The exchange even prompted a smile from attorney Gloria Allred.
“The other guests laugh and say they’d like to see it. Without a doubt, this amounts to a veiled threat,” said Infowars’ Aaron Dykes.
The new petition, posted to the White House web site on Wednesday, says:
“We the people ask the Obama Administration to direct the Federal Bureau of Investigation to undertake an investigation of Piers Morgan, Harry Gerard (Buzz) Bissinger, Abby Huntsman and CNN; covered under Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241– two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; — for their comments made on CNN during Mr Morgans’ television show aired Jan 08/2013…”
In an article at Infowars, Dykes said Jones and his family were “terrorized” as they watched the exchange at home.
Earlier this week, Jones defended the Second Amendment on Morgan’s program in an appearance that could only be described as a “meltdown.”
“And I’m here to tell you. 1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms,” he yelled. “It doesn’t matter how many lemmings you have out there on the street begging for them to have their guns taken. We will not relinquish them. Do you understand?”
While Jones may not have acquitted himself very well on the program, nothing he said or did warrants the call to shoot him with a semi-automatic weapon.
Imagine the firestorm if a conservative had said what Bissinger did.
According to the FBI, those found guilty under the law cited by the petition could face a “fine or imprisonment of up to ten years, or both.”
If death results from the violation, punishment could include a life sentence, or the guilty party “may be sentenced to death.”
Watch the video and decide for yourself if Bissinger and others went over the line:
- CNN’s Piers Morgan: Supreme Court ‘dangerous’ on gun control
- Daily Beast writer: Piers Morgan should ‘pop’ Alex Jones with semi-automatic gun
- CNN’s Piers Morgan suggests amending the Bible over gay rights
- Joe Biden: Obama considering executive order on guns
- Man with concealed gun defends self, 2-month-old son from robber
- Geraldo Rivera disparages gun supporters as ‘Obama birthers and 9/11 truthers’
- Marine veteran to Piers Morgan: ‘We can’t give up’ gun rights out of fear
- Gawker claims death threats after posting list of NYC gun owners
- Gawker publishes list of legal gun owners in NYC, calls them ‘a**holes’
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- Des Moines columnist who called for death of gun owners now cries ‘satire’
- Alex Jones on CNN: ‘1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms’
- Des Moines columnist calls for repeal of Second Amendment, death of gun owners