She’s no longer lovin’ it. The Daily News reports that a former secretary at a Manhattan high school was fined $9,000 at a hearing on Wednesday for misappropriation of school funds. But Kappry Vera wasn’t using the cash to buy drugs. What she was hooked on, rather, were Big Macs and large orders of fries. So addicted was she to the high-fat, high-calorie food proffered at McDonald’s that she spent over $3,000 of the school’s money to satisfy her cravings.
Vera, was who was employed by the Urban Assembly School for Construction and Design in Hell’s Kitchen, made her fast food runs between October 2009 and May 2011, investigators charge. She ate at McDonald’s as often as four times a day, though her addiction also encompassed stops at Burger King and — to her credit, one might observe — Subway, which in the view of some serves semi-fast food.
She used a credit card entrusted to her by the school and intended for official expenditures. She stopped her wanton splurges on junk food only after the principal became aware of “questionable purchases” in the school budget and confronted her.
Under questioning, Vera admitted that she dipped into the school coffers to finance her fast food lust, but she wouldn’t provide investigators with receipts to explain the bulk of her purchases.
She resigned from her $39,250-a-year job in August 2011 and is ineligible for rehire.
- Subway restaurant burglar foiled by his own potato chip trail
- Snackman: NYC’s snack-eating subway vigilante gets his 15 minutes (Video)
- FL hooker: ‘Will [blank] for cheeseburgers’
- Why McDonald’s burgers never look as good as the ones in the picture (Photos)
- Would-be burglar calls 911, complains victim is holding him at gunpoint (Photos)
- World’s dumbest counterfeiter tries to pass bills with wrong picture
- Ronald McDonald violates restraining order, enters McDonald’s (Photos)
- Another day, another McDonald’s customer meltdown
- Near deadly violence between employee and customers at NYC McDonald’s (Video)
- Death row inmate goes out on full stomach, ingests 29,000-calorie last meal
- Obese man suing White Castle because booths are “too small”
- McDonald’s employee arrested for spitting in customer’s drink
- Customer has heart attack while eating aptly named Triple Bypass Burger
- NYC McDonald’s a violence magnet; scene of another brawl (Video)
- The most persuasive argument against eating fast food you are likely to see