A private investigator is claiming that the late songstress Whitney Houston, who died in February, reportedly of accidental drowning in a hotel bathtub, was actually murdered — maybe.
MailOnline reports that Paul Huebl says he has turned over evidence to the FBI that shows the 48-year-old singer was likely killed over a drug debt. If true, this version of events would contradict the medical examiner’s finding that the singer drowned in her bathtub at the Beverly Hilton hotel after taking a “cocktail” of cocaine, marijuana, and several legal drugs.
The story, published initially by The National Enquirer, holds that the troubled star was targeted by “high-powered drug dealers who sent thugs to collect a huge debt she owed for drugs.” According to some reports, the amount owed was $1.5 million.
Huebl admits he can’t say with certainty that Houston was killed — only that he has evidence pointing in that direction. He says he obtained surveillance video that shows two unknown men who repeatedly visited the hotel during Houston’s stay and integrated themselves into her entourage. He further asserts that these men may have slipped into Houston’s hotel room and killed her.
Trending: Cartoon of the Day: No Child Left Behind
Confronted with the report of the Los Angeles County Coroner that ruled the death accidental, Huebl contends:
Whitney’s body shows classic defense wounds that would have occurred while she was battling for her life.
He added that he has evidence that Houston’s hotel room was ransacked, providing further proof that a violent struggle took place. “I think that if you put all these things together,” he told MailOnline, “they do kind of spell homicide, with a big red capital ‘H’.”
The FBI has not responded to MailOnline’s request for a reaction.
- Newark residents angry over $187K bill for police at Whitney Houston’s funeral
- Etan Patz alleged killer placed on suicide watch
- Breaking: Man who claims he lured and killed Etan Patz in NYPD custody
- Support for claim that niece of suspected Etan Patz killer was raped by uncle
- FBI searches SoHo apartment building for remains of Etan Patz
- Houston fans complain: ‘Our tax dollars entitle us to attend private viewing’
- Chris Christie comes under fire for lowering flags to honor Whitney Houston