Video: Income inequality is good

Video: Income inequality is good
Image: Prager U

“Income inequality” has become a very familiar phrase in recent years. We all know what it means: It’s the wealth gap between the top 1% and everyone else–the other 99%–and we’re being told that it’s the cause of all kinds of societal problems.

But in the video that follows, John Tamny, editor of Real Clear Markets, explains that income inequality is actually a good thing. Not only is it an expression of the natural differences among people, such as talent and ambition. It also reflects how the free market provides unique opportunities for each individual to pursue his or her full potential. And when people reach their full potential, we all benefit.

Watch the video and find out why.

LU Staff

LU Staff

Promoting and defending liberty, as defined by the nation’s founders, requires both facts and philosophical thought, transcending all elements of our culture, from partisan politics to social issues, the workings of government, and entertainment and off-duty interests. Liberty Unyielding is committed to bringing together voices that will fuel the flame of liberty, with a dialogue that is lively and informative.


Commenting Policy

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

You may use HTML in your comments. Feel free to review the full list of allowed HTML here.