And dumber: He said this while standing in Paris!
You know, the city in France where three weeks ago radical Islamic gunmen opened fire on innocent civilians, killing 130.
Obama made this curious observation while taking time out from his prepared doomsday remarks on global warming to say a few words about the shooting outside the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs.
He started off on a bad footing, groping for words 11 seconds in. Nut then he went from bad to worse, stating at 0:20 that “this just doesn’t happen in other countries.”
First off, as has been noted in this space, mass killings are not only not rare in other countries, but the U.S. doesn’t even have the highest rate of so-called “rampage” killings. That dubious distinction belongs to Norway, where such killings occur 21 times more often.
But that is not what makes Obama’s observation so mind-boggling. It is the fact that two days ago, he and French president François Hollande made a pilgrimage to the Bataclan, the concert hall where the bulk of the casualties occurred on Nov. 13.
And now, at a podium mere miles from the site of that slaughter, he is declaring that this sort of thing “doesn’t happen in other countries?”
He should count himself lucky that blithering idiocy is not grounds for impeachment.
(h/t Weasel Zippers)
- CNN jumps the shark, declares that global warming IS terrorism, not just a cause
- Actually, President Obama, mass killings aren’t rare in other countries
- Obama peddles gun control fable
- Obama admitted he was politicizing Oregon shooting; when will he admit his ‘facts’ were wrong?
- Not-the-Onion: Obama appoints Hamas homie as his top advisor on ISIS
- Obama in Paris: ‘Action on global warming best response to ISIS’