Many moons ago, when “Saturday Night Live” was still occasionally funny, the show featured a skit that revolved around a fictitious quiz show on Spanish-language television titled “¿Quien es mas macho?” (“Who is more macho?”). The year in which that skit aired, 1979, was so long ago that Bill Murray was still a cast member but, more importantly, you could run a harmless send-up like that without causing liberals to turn apoplectic over the gross insensitivity.
I was reminded of that skit when I read a column in the “the Daily Bruin” — the student newspaper at the University of California, Los Angeles — with the curious title “Free tampons would slow flow of gender inequality.” The argument presented by the author, Zoey Freedman, is that the federal government should feel impelled to subsidize “feminine hygiene products,” such as tampons and pads, because they cover — and I quote — “pills that will help them [men] get a boner.”
It’s pretty funny as is, but it gets better. An editor’s note has been inserted that essentially takes the coed to task for her insensitivity toward men who menstruate(!) and (one presumes) pre- and post-menopausal females:
This blog post refers to individuals who menstruate as women because the author wanted to highlight gender inequality in health care. We acknowledge that not all individuals who menstruate identify as women and that not all individuals who identify as women menstruate, but feel this generalization is appropriate considering the gendered nature of most health care policies.
With all the infighting and back-stabbing today among liberals trying to out-PC one another, I can almost envision a game show on Spanish-language TV titled “¿Quien es mas políticamente correcto?”
As noted yesterday, it’s getting so you can’t keep up with what offends whom without a scorecard.
(h/t Dave Urbanski, The Blaze)
- Gay pride event bans ‘cis’ drag because it offends — but wait till you hear who it offends
- Video: Which anti-gay bigot said it?
- Berkeley students decorating campus with fake urine to protest lack of gender-neutral restrooms
- Ben Shapiro files battery charges against transgender reporter for on-air threat
- New transgender guidelines will allow boys to play on girls’ sports teams and vice versa
- Health plans at NJ colleges will now cover genital makeovers
- EEOC outlaws sexual orientation discrimination, usurps legislative power
- Transgender reporter threatens to send conservative commentator ‘home in ambulance’
- Caitlyn Jenner stuns at the ESPY Awards
- Siri has started correcting people who call Caitlyn Jenner ‘Bruce’