Never let a crisis go to waste, former Obama senior advisor Rahm Emanuel once counseled. Or a liberal victory, he might have added had he known that Hillary Clinton, whom his boss defeated in the race for the 2008 Democratic nomination, would be back for another bite of the apple in 2016 and that she would be hawking tchatchkes with a gay wedding theme.
Not only has Team Hillary gussied up its hospital-sign logo to capitalize on the rainbow connection but is offering “party favors” for your upcoming same-sex nuptials (in exchange for a small donation to her campaign, of course):
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 26, 2015
Sure, who wouldn’t want to spring for a wedding present and get a lousy campaign pin as a thank you? Besides, it would seem that Hillary already has a surplus of campaign paraphernalia to give away, including copies of this undesirable relic from her first shot at the Oval Office.
- Tweet of the Day: Hillary campaign gets off to not very good, in fact awful, start
- Same-sex marriage: Supreme Court cries ‘Havoc!’
- Confederate flag furor spreads to stained glass windows
- Obama on SCOTUS gay marriage ruling: Let’s help those hobbled by religious convictions to see the light
- Other shoe drops: SCOTUS rules 5-4 to overturn gay marriage ban nationwide