Membership has its privilege. Membership in a protected class, that is.
Michigander Yvette Cormier learned this the hard way when she complained to the management of Planet Fitness in the town of Midland that there was a man in the women’s locker room. “I was stunned and shocked,” Cormier told CBS affiliate WNEM. Cormier says she was getting undressed at the time and couldn’t believe her eyes.
The management explained that the “man” in question was no man. Put somewhat differently, it was a transgender who self-identified as a woman. Cormier protested that the person looked like a man and that she was caught off guard. But when she began to warn other female members at the facility about the policy, the management terminated her membership.
The company issued a statement reading:
Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.
In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was canceled.
Planet Fitness’s motto, by the way, is “No judgements [sic].”
- New Defense Secretary Ash Carter supports lifting military ban on transgender service members
- Transgender ‘woman’ who can’t afford sex change performs ‘self-surgery’
- Man who underwent sex reassignment wants to go back to being man … on taxpayer dime (Video)
- Obamacare now pays for gender reassignment
- Woman who tips scale at 350 lbs claims she’s fat because gov’t won’t help her lose weight
- Strange perversion: Men shelled out money to watch scantily clad fat woman eat
- Should obese people and smokers be allowed to just die?
- Study: Criticizing fat people for being overweight just makes them fatter
- CO high school crowns transgender student ‘homecoming princess’
- OH parents begin hormone therapy on 9-year-old ‘transgender’ son
- Transgender defense: Serial killer says former male self committed the murders