Call it whistling past the graveyard, or write it off as just plain old bad taste. Mere weeks after 21 Egyptian Christians were summarily executed on a Libyan beach by Islamic State terrorists, an Egyptian bridegroom devised a clever scheme for punking his bride: He had her kidnapped at their wedding by fake IS militants who were masked and brandishing knives.
According to the Guardian, 25-year-old Ahmed Shehata saw the potential comedic upside and none of the downside of having his relatives act the part of terrorists swooping down on the reception and whisking away his bride, 22-year-old Shaimaa Deif. Good one!
“I knew there would be a surprise,” Deif told reporters. “But I never imagined that the surprise would be like that.”
Shortly after the staged abduction, the “terrorists,” one of whom was Deif’s brother, removed their masks and revealed their identities. Deif’s father, who wasn’t in on the gag, rushed over to save his daughter.
But the fun and frivolity didn’t stop there. A giant cage, similar to the one in which Jordanian pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh was burned alive, was wheeled out onto the dance floor. Guests were encouraged to slip inside the cage and cut a rug. Deif was amused and delighted, delivering a cautionary message to the IS:
The cage you’re scaring us with, we are dancing inside it.
We aren’t making light of other people’s blood. We’re showing that we’re not scared, and that Egyptians meet any crisis with laughter and comedy.
What a pair of crazy kids!
A video of the festivities follows:
- Yemeni children imitate Islamic State terrorists, lock 10-year-old in cage and set him on fire
- BREAKING: Horrific video emerges of ISIS burning captured Jordanian pilot alive
- ‘What would Muhammad do?’ Islamic State says he would have burned Jordanian pilot alive
- Islamic State’s army of 7-footers? Experts say terrorists have been doctoring images (Video)
- Does Islamic State have its sights set on conquering Italy next?
- Islamic State beheads 21 Christians in Libya on video, signaling major expansion
- Shocking new video shows Islamic State training ‘cub fighters’ (read: young children)