Check that. The title of this post should read “WH formally decries barbarous murder by [BLANK] State militants of 21 Egyptian [BLANK].” That formulation completely strips any mention of religion out of the mass execution of Christians by members of an Islamic death squad who justified their actions purely on religious grounds. Said a spokesman on the video of the beheadings made for the edification of the “nations of the cross”:
All praises due to Allah, the strong and mighty. And may blessings and peace be upon the ones sent by the sword as a mercy to all the worlds. [IS has been] chopping off the heads of those that have been carrying the cross delusion for a long time [and that war will continue until Jesus comes down from the heavens] breaking the cross and killing the swine.
The message is unambiguous with respect to either the motivation for this most recent depraved act or the intent. But you’d never know that from the statement released by the White House Office of the Press Secretary:
The United States condemns the despicable and cowardly murder of twenty-one Egyptian citizens in Libya by ISIL-affiliated terrorists. We offer our condolences to the families of the victims and our support to the Egyptian government and people as they grieve for their fellow citizens. ISIL’s barbarity knows no bounds. [Emphasis added]
It knows no religion either, if we are to accept the administration’s unwavering stance on crimes committed in the name of Islam and against Christianity (in this case) or Jews (in the case of the shootings at a kosher supermarket outside Paris).
About the only time the president is willing to speak out against crimes committed in the name of religion is (1) when the victims are Muslim and (2) there is no compelling proof that religion was the precipitating factor. Following the recent murders of three Muslims in Chapel Hill, N.C., that seems to have been driven more by a chronic disagreement over parking spaces than anything else, Obama delivered this statement:
The presumption that the killings had anything to do with personal identity, much less how the victims worshiped, is a leap of faith Obama is willing to take. The only time he is unwilling when religion as a causative factor is as plain as the nose on his face.
- Synagogue attack in Denmark must have been accident because Obama says IS doesn’t target Jews (Video)
- The execution-style slaying of three Muslims: Will Obama call attacks ‘random’?
- Left mum on mass beheading of 21 Christians, but calls Christians fighting back ‘sectarian kill squad’
- Does Obama’s defensive stance on Islam derive from fact his granddaddy was a Muslim?
- Islamic State warns Muslims in West to attack ‘the crusaders’ or pay the price
- Oxford U. Press warns that writing about bacon could offend Muslims … and Jews
- Muslims outside Paris: Charlie Hebdo attack committed by ‘magical shape shifting Jews’ (Video)