For those who need a score card — and judging from their recent remarks, President Obama and his Secretary of State both need one — we are the crusaders. As Agence France-Presse reports via the Raw Story:
The Islamic State jihadist group Monday urged Muslims to carry out new attacks after the targeting of France’s Charlie Hebdo magazine, in a recording by its spokesman posted online.
Abu Mohamed al-Adnani, referring to attacks in France, Australia, Canada and Belgium, urged “Muslims in Europe and the infidel West to attack the Crusaders where they are.”
“We promise that in the Christian bastions they will continue to live in a state of alert, of terror, of fear and insecurity… You have seen nothing yet,” the recording said.
Careful readers will observe that the U.S. was not included in the list of targets in this most recent message from ISIS. To assume that we are somehow not in their crosshairs is as ridiculous as the assertion by John Kerry last week that Islam “utterly rejects” violence or the one his boss made following the attacks on the French satirical magazine after its publication of cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammad. As Mike Dorstewitz noted at the time, the 450-word statement issued by the White House contained none of the words “Muslim,” “Islam,” “Islamic,” “jihad,” “jihadist” or “Islamist.”
The administration’s adamant refusal to give the enemy a name for fear of besmirching Islam might make sense if the enemy were called something other than the Islamic State. Another stark reality that flies in the face of the White House’s unwillingness to decode the first “I” in ISIS is the effectiveness of its recruitment efforts. The CIA estimates that about 2,000 Westerners have traveled to Iraq and Syria to join ISIS, many of them impressionable teens.
- John Kerry claims again that Islam ‘utterly rejects’ violence; Boko Haram begs to differ
- Vanderbilt students seek to silence professor critical of radical Islam
- Giuliani calls out Obama: He can’t say ‘radical Islam’ because he’s a coward (Video)
- When Obama repeats the claim ISIS is not Islamic, do its members have a good laugh?
- Video: State Dept’s Harf can’t name non-Islamic source of terrorism
- Apologists, including Obama, blame everything but ‘Islamists’ for Paris terror attack
- ISIS executes 13 teens for watching soccer match
- ISIL crucifies nine ‘infidels’ in Syria
- ISIL captives forced to dig own graves, after which their throats are slit
- Report: ISIS plans on killing ‘hundreds of millions’ in ‘religious cleansing’