Don’t lather. Don’t rinse. Don’t repeat. Don’t even set foot in the shower, for Pete’s sake. I mean … it’s such a white thing.
The sentiment is not mine. It’s actress and singer Naya Rivera’s. She was co-hosting “The View” Monday when, according to CBS News, the star of “Glee” shared her views on personal hygiene:
I have to say I have a theory about showering, [which] is that I think that white people shower a lot more than ethnics. I feel like showering more than once a day or every day is such a white people thing.
Realizing that the observation wasn’t well received, she tried self-deprecation.
[My mom is half-black, half-Puerto Rican, and she] showers every day, so I can say this. But I can say that I am now married to a white man, and he showers a lot. Like, a lot — two, three times a day. I’m like, ‘What are you doing?’
That didn’t fly either, at least with fans on social media. Here are a few tweets courtesy of Inquisitr:
So I see Naya Rivera is saying her comments on showering were just a joke. No more like she’s the joke.
— Film Fatale (@FilmFatale_NYC) January 14, 2015
I hope Naya Rivera has a more serious dry skin condition than me if she’s showering once every three days. — PEW PEW PEW (@Sarcasticky_) January 14, 2015
Wait, Naya Rivera really did say she showers 3 times a week and tried to justify it by saying white People shower more then ethnics ???
— Ric Flair (@KingHabte2) January 14, 2015
It’s just lucky she didn’t refer to showering or some other personal habit as a black or brown thing. That would have been racist.
- Tweet of the Day: In defaming disabled vet, liberal advocate invokes ‘white privilege’
- Tweet of the Day: MO state senator threatens voters who ‘exercise white privilege’
- Video: Teacher says he helped write Common Core to end white privilege
- Pedophile’s conviction reversed due to ‘racism’: Wait till you hear the details (Video)
- White Ferguson protesters at Michael Brown vigil sent to ‘back of bus’
- To fight racism, college plans happy hour that excludes whites