Black lives matter, but cheesecake matters more. If you don’t believe it, just ask Anthony Gulledge, 30, of Memphis. Gulledge beat the toddler son of his girlfriend so savagely that the child suffered a dislocated vertebra and a broken femur. His offense? Eating the last piece of cheesecake.
According to Memphis CBS affiliate WREG, Gulledge has been charged with neglect, aggravated child abuse, and domestic assault after attacking the 3-year-old twice Saturday evening. The child’s mother who waited until the next day to call police said in a statement that Gulledge dragged her son out of his bedroom by the ankles and beat him with a whip.
When police arrived on the scene, they found the child covered with bruises. The boy was admitted to LeBonheur Children’s Hospital, where he is reported to be in critical condition.
Gulledge, who is being held on a $210,000 bond in Shelby County Jail, denies having struck the child.
- 3-year-old child beaten to death by mother’s boyfriend after she soiled herself
- Mother jailed for up to 30 years for burning off teen son’s penis and nipples with lighter
- Parents charged with child abuse for exorcism of 10-year-old daughter
- Mother who took part in sexual abuse of own children: ‘It was all play, kids wanted to be shot with BBs’
- Woman charged with forcing adopted daughter to eat soiled cat litter, other abuses
- Mother of teen who killed, raped teacher: ‘Anybody capable of snapping under stressful situations’
- Bedtime story: Couple nabbed for shoplifting fail to mention to cops their young kids are locked in car
- Another day, two more instances of brainless parents leaving small children in cars
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- 11-year-old assaults grandmother after she refuses to buy him toy
- Schoolteacher locks 7-year-old special ed student in makeshift cage in soiled diaper