Subtitle this “Requiem for a dead chicken.” Yes, it has much of the stuff of which spoofs are made, starting with the too-nerdy-to-be-true tool in the business suit and ending with the dozen-or-so zombies holding up signs reading, “It’s not food, it’s violence.”
But if you need evidence that this protest is in earnest, consider its provenance. It was held in Berkeley, Calif., home to the Milky Way Galaxy’s largest collection of liberal loons. Consider moreover some of the commentary, especially the line, “Next to us is the body of a mother, who bellowed in grief as she was dragged to the kill floor.” The words are uttered mournfully as a dead fryer is plucked from a supermarket poultry case and placed in a tiny coffin.
The group behind the demonstration and video is Direct Action Everywhere, whose stated mission is
to empower activists to take strong and confident action wherever animals are being denigrated, enslaved, or killed, and create a world where animal liberation is a reality. We use creative nonviolent protest to tell the animals’ story. We are not afraid to push boundaries and even polarize the debate.
In other words, it’s PETA on steroids.
The group had its first mention at LU last month when organizer Kelly Atlas tearfully told a restaurant full of customers the story of how her “little girl” was systematically tortured only to reveal at the end that the “little girl” was a chicken.
(h/t Weasel Zippers)
- Guess what this mentally unhinged activist’s tearful rant is about (Video)
- Time for this vegetarian to eat some chicken?
- PETA activist roughed up after trying to persuade Muslims to go vegan for Eid
- More dead birds, another roadside attraction courtesy of PETA
- PETA getting a ‘ton of calls’ about BLM cattle slaughter at #BundyRanch
- PETA hopes to turn Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home into vegan restaurant
- PETA requests 10-foot-high roadside memorial for chickens killed in accident
- College invites PETA activist who called for ‘vicious’ rape of women who eat meat
- Which food does PETA think harms baby genitals?