“You know, education — if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.” The punchline of this “joke,” made in 2006 by then-Sen. John Kerry, might have been extended to include “or working in a public school.”
The utter cluelessness of employees and administrators of the nation’s schools was on display again last Thursday in Tulsa. Station KRMG reports that a member of the lunchroom staff at Memorial High School says she encountered a computer glitch just as one child came through the cafeteria line with a tray of food. Not knowing if the girl was on the reduced lunch program, the worker confiscated the tray and dumped its contents in the trash — this despite the child’s having money to cover the cost of the meal.
The child’s mother, Robbye Goddard, was livid, telling reporters:
Would it hurt, even if there was a glitch in the system, for her to take her name, take her money? You know write it down and let her eat?
But the plot thickens. Fox23, the local Fox affiliate, spoke with the school’s principal, who said there was no glitch. District policy stipulates that students at the high school level will hungry if their online accounts lack sufficient funds.
- Parents outraged: School system considering teaching kindergartners masturbation
- Mom bakes vagina cookies for 2nd-graders, shocked when she gets flak
- Detroit mom objects to reading of Anne Frank’s diary as too ‘pornographic’
- Censorship in the name of “anti-bullying”
- German sex-ed book for 5-year-olds ahows nudity, erect penis
- Common Core required readings that would make a longshoreman blush
- Fourth-grade Common Core reading worksheet features story about adultery
- Another Maryland 6-year-old suspended for pointing finger like gun
- Utah bureaucrat orders school lunches seized from children
- School ‘lunch Nazis’ place kid in detention for sharing his lunch
- Michelle Obama: School kids shouldn’t pick what they have for lunch
- Non-Muslim mom claims daughter was not fed lunch she brought to daycare because it was not halal