Will he never learn? Will Barack Obama never master the very challenging task of posing for a group portrait without obscuring the face of another member of the group by waving at his “subjects”?
Obama’s first such misadventure occurred in 2011. The occasion was a group photo of leaders of U.N. member nations. When the photographer said, “Say, cheese!” the leader of the free world evidently instead heard, “President Obama, please raise your hand so viewers of this picture know where to direct their undying admiration.” Here is the well-publicized result:
You’d think with all the flak he took for that photographic stumble that the smartest occupant of the Oval Office evuh would have gotten group photo etiquette down cold. Not a chance. Here he is at last week’s NATO Summit in Wales.
He’s getting better. This time he blocks out only part of the face of the man standing behind him.
Here’s a long shot, suitable for framing:
Maybe next time, the photographer should consider having him stand in the back row.
- Bushism of the day: WH gets sex of Korean president wrong on memo
- Obama’s latest Bushism: Misspelling ‘respect’ in tribute to Aretha Franklin
- Obama boasts U.S. economy over past 4-plus years has added 10 new jobs
- Tweet of the Day: Photoshop fun at Obama’s expense
- Obama: ‘Unless you’re a Native American, you came from someplace else’