It gets so tiring to hear Israel accused of war crimes time and time again, by people who know nothing about international law and the rules of war.
These moral paragons do not, of course, accuse Hamas of even the most blatant war crimes. A quick look shows you that nearly all Hamas tactics are war crimes. The ICRC has a handy page with lists of war crimes. Hamas has violated at least ten of the Geneva conventions by my count. That they are not a signatory to that document does not mean they’re not violating the rules of war. Below is a partial list of the violations so far in just the last month:
- The firing of missiles into Israel.
- Hamas terrorists dressed as IDF soldiers infiltrate Israel from a tunnel and kill two Israeli soldiers.
- Hamas terrorists dressed as IDF soldiers infiltrate into Israel from tunnel and are killed by the IDF.
- Rockets hidden in mosques, schools, and children’s playgrounds.
- Calling on civilians to remain in the battlefield as human shields.
- Hiding in ambulances (and, in a double-plus ungood, with children!).
- Using UN buildings to store rockets. UNRWA actually gave the rockets back to Hamas after they were discovered.
To sum up: Hamas terrorists hide behind civilians, place weaponry in civilian buildings, use ambulances to transport terrorists and weapons, indiscriminately fire rockets into civilian populations, disguise themselves as Israeli soldiers, and also reputedly stop civilians from fleeing war zones.
Who are the real war criminals in this battle? Hamas. But you won’t hear those thousands of anti-Israel protestors calling for Hamas to be brought to justice. They aren’t anti-war. They’re anti-Israel.