The crime, it might be said in a twist on the old crime drama saw, always returns to the scene of the victim. In the previous episode of LU’s “When Worlds Collide,” the twin victims were a Muslim barber and the woman whose hair he refused to cut on the grounds not only of her gender but her sexual orientation (gay), making her twice damned in the eyes of the follower of Muhammad.
This time, the identities of the players are the same, except the lesbian is — or was — the flesh-and-blood daughter of the Muslim. This time, moreover, the crime is a capital offense (or likely an “honor killing” in the eyes of the defendant).
My Fox Houston reports that 46-year-old James Larry Cosby, a practicing Muslim, is being held on suspicion of having have murdered his daughter Britney and her girlfriend, Crystal Jackson, both 24, and dumping their bodies. Last Thursday he was charged with two counts of tampering with evidence, but authorities expect that the charge will likely be upgraded to capital murder.
Galveston County Sheriff’s investigators would not speculate on a motive, but Quannel X, a spokesman for the family, claims to have found writings about homosexuality on Cosby’s Koran indicating he may have had an issue with his daughter’s sexual orientation. “In Islam homosexuality is forbidden,” he explained.
Cosby, a registered sex offender released from prison just last October, has an extensive criminal history, including convictions for sexual assault, assault, drugs, and weapons charges dating back to the late 1980s. He is being held in the Galveston County jail on a $500,000 bond.
Meanwhile, the family of the second slain woman, Crystal Jackson, says they forgive whoever killed their daughter and have entertained the possibility she was murdered because of who she loved. Reverend Ivan Jackson, the woman’s father, said:
I did not agree with her sexual orientation either, but I would not kill my daughter and Britany and then take them to Galveston and hide it. I love all my children the same.
- Muslim barber refuses to cut hair of lesbian: Whose rights trump whose?
- Pregnant Muslim teen sexually attacked: Faces execution on adultery charges
- Muslim man in Seattle arrested after torching gay bar
- American Apparel releases controversial new ad featuring topless former-Muslim model
- Another gay hoax, continued silence from the left
- Another LGBTQ hate crime turns out to be a hoax — this time with a moral
- Arizona business owner, children, receive death threats for supporting religious freedom bill
- Wait — shouldn’t we be able to refuse service to people?
- Billboard offends gay community, but is it really controversial?
- GLAAD finds Americans not so glad about Phil Robertson firing
- Why are liberals willing to tolerate black intolerance toward gays?