Man, talk about your facepalms! As I wrote yesterday, President Obama made a small blunder in a speech, which the White House foolishly focused attention on by altering the official transcript. I say “foolishly” because in the age of the internet, nothing disappears forever. There is always a digital paper trail that leads back to your words.
A tweet that is going viral (h/t Twitchy) is also accompanied by a YouTube video, confirming a statement Obama made about executive limits in March 2008. Like so much else in his presidency, the criticism was accompanied by a promise of how much better he would do if elected, which he has since shattered.
So about that… pic.twitter.com/2EzuMB8JBB
— Dan McLaughlin (@baseballcrank) February 13, 2014
- New WH video: Obama promises more executive action
- Jackson Lee: Obama signing executive orders ‘our number one agenda’
- BREAKING: Obama issues new executive actions on background checks for gun purchases
- ‘As a president, I can do whatever I want,’ including act like a king
- Obama raises hypocrisy bar with 23 executive orders in one fell swoop
- Limbaugh: Imagine GWB had issued executive order on abortion
- Biden: Obama could use executive order to control gun crime
- Poll: 74% of voters, including 54% of Dems, dislike Obama bypassing Congress