For starters, you’re to be forgiven if you didn’t know that the Department of Health and Human Services launched a competition in August titled the “Healthy Young America Video Contest.” You’re also to be forgiven if you didn’t know that the grand prize of $2,000 (gee, I wonder whose money that is) was awarded Monday to one Erin McDonald, whose entry appears after the break:
You are not to be forgiven if you take lying down the utterly outrageous fact that McDonald’s video is titled “Forget About the Price Tag.”
“Without a hint of irony,” the Daily Caller observes, “McDonald sings her chorus: ‘Ain’t about the, uh, cha-ching cha-ching. Ain’t about the, yeah, bla-bling bla-bling. Affordable Care Act. Don’t worry ’bout the price tag.’”
No wonder the video won. McDonald’s message dovetails neatly with Obama’s own, promulgated in his White House Youth summit on Wednesday. At that event, he urged Millennials to exercise responsibility to their communities by signing up for his monstrous health care plan and urging peers to do the same. The unstated part of his spiel is, “Sure, it will cost you twice the market rate to sign up, but think of patriotism, as helping those less fortunate than you.”
Of course the presumption that people without a job, without prospects, and living in their parents’ basement can be persuaded to finance a redistributionist scheme takes a more crack insurance salesman than Obama has proven himself to be.
Evidence of that is provided by a new poll by Harvard University’s Institute of Politics showing that the president has lost the good will and faith of Americans aged 18 and 29. A majority of these people, who helped elect Obama and are critical to the viability of his health care law, favor throwing him out of office. Fifty-seven percent of them disapprove of Obamacare, with 40% percent saying it will worsen their quality of care and drive up costs. Only 18% say the law will improve the quality of care they receive.
A summary of other key poll findings follows. Gluttons for punishment will also a find a couple of the losing videos from the administration competition, though clearly there is no bigger loser than Erin McDonald or Obama himself.
- Obamacare success stories trumpeted in confused (and confusing) Rose Garden event
- As libs attack GOP for failing to ‘heart’ Obamacare, Harry Reid exempts staffers from law
- WH boasts Healthcare.gov website running at ‘private sector velocity’
- Obama offers bribe to insurers to reinstate canceled plans (using your money)
- Obama’s illegal, deceptive ‘fix’ to Obamacare won’t restore canceled insurance policies for most
- Official administration response to accusations Obama’s ‘fix’ is illegal
- Gaming Obamacare: A loophole that will result in massive fraud and overload the system
- New evidence of rampant Obamaphone fraud
- The move to defund ‘Obamaphones’
- Want a free phone? ‘Obamaphones’ are a cinch to get
- If you wait till you’re sick to sign up for Obamacare, you may pay through the nose
- WH adviser warned 3 years ago that Obamacare was headed for disaster
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Obamacare sticker shock gives way to anger
- Sticker shock from Obamacare rates as big a snafu as sign-up glitches
- Sticker shock: Californians suddenly discover why Republicans are shouting about Obamacare
- HealthCare.gov, other scam sites and Kaiser-now-non-Permanente?
- Obama lied, millions of insurance plans died
- Obama’s $5-a-year cell phone tax to fund high-speed internet in schools
- 41% of ‘Obama phone’ recipients can’t prove eligibility