The president did something unprecedented on Thursday. In an interview at the White House with NBC’s Chuck Todd, he uttered the words, “I’m sorry.” His exact sentiment was:
I am sorry that they [Americans who are losing or have lost their health insurance because of Obamacare] are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me.
We’ve got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this.
Obama’s hollow contrition and four bucks will buy you a latte at Starbucks, but can everyone now agree that he has apologized?
As to what his administration is doing to rectify the problem of uninsuring Americans with insurance, perhaps the most coherent account comes from the Healthcare.gov website, which is telling those who attempt to log on, “???ffe.ee.myAccount.login.username???”
That’s right, the once much-ballyhooed technological liaison between the 40 million Americans who lacked health insurance and government salvation is spitting out nonsensical computer code. The message the site is aiming for, for better or worse, is this:
But, as the administration is fond of saying, Obamacare is more than a website. That is a fact that North Carolinians, to name one group, are distressingly aware of. CBS Charlotte reports that as of Oct. 15, a mere 1,000 residents had applied. Of that number, one person enrolled in the exchange but has not yet paid the premium, which makes the enrollment official.
It gets worse:
Blue Cross Blue Shield found the entire system is so filled with glitches that the company decided not to upload data because it was afraid false information might enter its computer system.
And the emails reveal a scammer was using the insurer’s name to try to obtain personal information.
A person was making phone calls claiming to be with the ‘National Health Care Registry,’ and falsely claim it was taking over healthcare reform contracts from the Blue Cross.
- Delaware drops $4 million to enroll 4 people in ObamaCare
- Gaming Obamacare: A loophole that will result in massive fraud and overload the system
- ‘Apology tour’ lie exposed? What lie?
- If you wait till you’re sick to sign up for Obamacare, you may pay through the nose
- WH adviser warned 3 years ago that Obamacare was headed for disaster
- About that Obamacare penalty: The government has no way of enforcing it
- Obamacare sticker shock gives way to anger
- Sticker shock from Obamacare rates as big a snafu as sign-up glitches
- Sticker shock: Californians suddenly discover why Republicans are shouting about Obamacare
- HealthCare.gov, other scam sites and Kaiser-now-non-Permanente?
- Obama lied, millions of insurance plans died
- Obama’s allies begin to panic
- Obamacare, and law as SMOD
- WH: ‘It’s true’ some Americans won’t be able to keep their health care plan under Obamacare
- SNL mocks Kathleen Sebelius, Obamacare website
- Sebelius blames Republicans for Obamacare site testing woes
- Obamacare success stories trumpeted in confused (and confusing) Rose Garden event
- Sebelius: ‘Don’t believe what you’ve heard, Obamacare is awesome’
- Why does Kathleen Sebelius still have a job?
- Sebelius goes from ‘will get covered’ to ‘can’ to ‘may’
- Sebelius calls Obamacare opponents racists
- Sebelius pans ObamaCare ‘rate shock’ predictions