A retired three star Flag Officer recently confirmed that unnamed individuals within the Armed Forces have considered an armed coup d’état aimed directly at Barack Obama, as reported by the on-line news portal Government Executive on Nov. 4, 2013.
Retired Army Lt. General William G. “Jerry” Boykin states he’s personally spoken to service members who would, in his words, would “like to see the Armed Forces ‘fulfill their constitutional duty and take out the president.'”
However, Boykin also correctly stated that:
Our Constitution puts a civilian in charge of the military and as a result a coup would not be constitutional.
You’re not going to see a coup in the military.
The retired three-star again went on to assert that those in uniform realize that even if their take on the US Constitution is different from that of certain civilians in positions of power, those in service keep their opinions to themselves until they leave the military.
I talk to a lot of folks who don’t support where Obama is taking the military, but in the military they can’t say anything.
Another retired Flag Officer, Lt. Gen. Patrick Brady, US Army (Retired) Congressional Medal of Honor winner, was more straightforward that his former comrade-in-arms.
Brady unleashed his anger at today’s crop of officers as nothing more than “girly-men leadership [and] medals for not shooting and operating a computer.”
Questions Remain of Dumped Marine Four Star…
Fox News reported on January 2013 of whisperings in military circles that the former Supreme Commander of CentCom (Central Command) General James Mattis, US Marine Corps (Retired), was forced to retire by Obama administration earlier this year.
As reported by Fox, General Mattis was relived of his über-powerful post due to the self-admitted bar brawler’s “increasingly making the White House nervous while butting heads with National Security Adviser Tom Donilon over Iran.”
Nicknamed “Mad Dog” and “Chaos” by his Marines, the General is known for his Chesterton-esque quips, such as: (self censored)
- “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.”
- “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
- “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”
- “It is mostly a matter of wills. Whose will is going to break first? Ours or the enemy’s?”
- “Be the hunter, not the hunted: Never allow your unit to be caught with its guard down.”
- “In a country with millions of people & cars going everywhere, the enemy is going to get a car bomb out there once in a while.”