It hasn’t been determined what onetime New York mayoral prospect and full-time bigot Alec Baldwin will call his putative new program on MSNBC. But if his past comments captured on audio are any indication, the words coon and crackhead might appear in the title.
So far the network is unwilling to confirm or deny the allegation, though Mediaite claims to have learned from a high-up source in the cable news industry that Baldwin is inline for his own weekly show.
According to our source, the so far untitled show will air Fridays at 10 p.m. ET and will feature a large dose of Baldwin’s outspoken liberal politics.
The gig would make sense, considering Baldwin’s long history with the NBC family…. Most important, Baldwin’s fiercely liberal and often combative political views make sense for a network that has become the place for progressive viewpoints on cable….
Our source insists its a done deal but there is no question MSNBC is not quite prepared for an announcement. Yet.
The 10 p.m. hour on MSNBC is currently occupied by the equally combative Lawrence O’Donnell (who has humiliated hunself and the network by offering to punch out the lights of several conservatives, the most prominent of which being Mitt Romney’s son). But O”Donnell’s temper is on display only Monday through Thursday, so there would be no conflict.
Mediaite closes by noting:
Viewers curious about Baldwin’s new role may do well to watch the video below from last year, when, according to The LA Times Baldwin helped O’Donnell out by reading his segment teasers. The Times article includes some interesting yet unintentional foreshadowing, suggesting all the way back in May 2012 that “Baldwin may find that anchor seat a little too comfortable.”
The last thing cable television needs in an era when Bill Maher nightly unleashes streams of obscenities is another program of the same ilk. Then again, considering MSNBC’s ratings relative to other networks, it’s not likely anyone will notice.
- Newspaper compares conservative news source to KKK, apologizes, repeats insult
- NYC mayor’s race turns into a battle for celebrity endorsements
- Tawana Brawley — 1987 rape hoaxer — pays first installment to attorney she defamed
- NBC calls on ‘voice of reason’ Al Sharpton to critique Limbaugh
- Alec Baldwin accused of racist rant against black newspaper photographer
- Alec Baldwin for NYC mayor?
- President uses racial code to demean Romney at White House lunch
- Kelsey Grammer for mayor of New York?
- Obama supporters respond to win by tweeting ‘F**k white people’
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian allowed to bypass security at JFK (Photos)
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s hospital lockdown: snubbing the 99%
- Congressional Black Caucus spokesperson: Calling Obama cool is racist (Update)
- Tracy Morgan’s latest comedic target: The mentally challenged
- Tracy Morgan on TNT: “Sarah Palin is good masturbation material” (Video)