When the nation’s first black president and his family visit Africa later this month, they can probably look forward to a warm reception. That’s provided the steer clear of South Africa, where a warrant has been sworn for Barack Obama’s arrest.
The Muslim Lawyers Association (MLA) in Johannesburg, South Africa has apparently had enough of President Obama. The MLA has submitted a request to the Office of the National Director of Public Prosecution calling for the arrest and prosecution of the U.S. President when he next visits the country.
The group’s main objection, Huston goes on to observe, is Obama’s massive use of drone strikes to kill Muslims. This is a position Obama has tirelessly defended and perpetuated in spite of world-wide criticism and promises to wind down the practice.
In a press release, the MLA stated:
The complaint, dubbed the ‘Obama Docket’ encourages South Africa to take seriously its domestic and international obligations and to act against International War Criminals lest they consider South Africa a safe haven and travel here freely with impunity.
According to Times LIVE in Johannesburg the document is being “studied” by the government… which is short for “no comment,” as well.
“Of course,” as Huston writes, “these sort of warnings of the arrest and prosecution for war crimes of sitting U.S. presidents is nothing new. Since the world made the mistake of trying the Nazis for ‘crimes against humanity’ at the end of WWII, practically every U.S. President has been accused of being a ‘war criminal.’ Obama is certainly not special on that level, for sure.” Huston adds:
But this is particularly amusing in that our Islam-friendly president went before the world claiming that he’d ‘fix’ America’s relationship with the ‘Muslim world.’ Instead he’s unleashed a wave of drone strikes, a death from above that has killed at least 474 terrorists and 881 civilians (including up to 176 children) in the Muslim world.
Obama is scheduled to arrive in the nation on June 29, at which time he is technically open to such an arrest.
- Obama family vacation to Africa to cost taxpayers $60-100 million
- New poll says that under Obama, Muslim world dislikes U.S. more than ever
- AP corrects poll that said 18% of Americans believe Obama is Jewish
- America 11 years after 9/11: Where we are as a nation (Video)
- U. of Chicago removes 88-year-old chapel pews to accommodate Islamic prayers
- Feds suggest anti-Muslim speech can be punished
- CA man linked to anti-Muslim film questioned by federal authorities (Video)
- WH denies that Middle East crisis casts doubt on its policies
- The Libyan embassy killings carry the same old unconscionable message (Video)
- Clinton distances U.S. government from ‘disgusting’ anti-Muslim film (Video)