In a time in our nation’s history when the Chief Executive isn’t shy about blaming sequestration for medical personnel taking forced days off without pay, the upcoming African vacation for the Family Obama will reportedly cost the American taxpayers upwards of $100,000,000 as reported by The Weekly Standard.
Later this month, the Obamas are scheduled to visit the African nations of Senegal, South Africa, and Tanzania, thus guaranteeing that hundreds of U.S. Secret Service agents are dispatched to the sub-Saharan nations.
Besides a small army’s worth of protective personnel assigned to the First Family, the following examples illustrate some of the big ticket items American taxpayers will have to pony up for:
- Either an Aircraft Carrier or Amphibious Assault Ship (complete with thousands of Marines) taskforce stationed off-shore “in case of emergency.”
- Fighter-Attack jets flying ’round the clock Combat Air Patrol (CAP) coverage over any given airspace the Obamas may be vacationing in, just in case an errant plane gets too close for comfort.
- The U.S. Navy taskforce will have a fully staffed medical trauma center.
- Military cargo planes will airlift a total of 56 support vehicles.
- A whopping 14 limousines.
- Three truckloads worth of multiple sheets of bullet-proof glass to cover the windows of the undoubtedly 5-star hotels housing the First Family will stay.