Toward the end of the 1974 low-budget, offbeat comedy “The Groove Tube” is a scene in which a cartoony, bulbous-headed creature named Safety Sam lectures the audience about the link between causal sex and STDs. That the character’s noggin is actually an upside-down pair of real human testicles sporting Mr. Potato Head eyes dawns on most viewers after a moment or two. (I will leave it to readers’ imagination to guess the part of the male anatomy that forms Safety Sam’s nose.)
Give credit to Uranus Corporation, the film’s obscenely named invented sponsor. At least they were going for a joke, if an off-color one.
Not so Brazil’s Association of Personal Assistance for Cancer (AAPEC), which on Tuesday rolled out its new mascot, “Senhor Testiculo.” You probably don’t need Google Translate to figure out that the character is a larger-than-life human scrotum.
Senhor Testiculo was conceived to raise awareness about testicular cancer and methods of prevention. According to AAPEC’s website (in Portuguese), the mascot is meant to be seen as “a friendly snowman in the shape of [a] testicle.”
Fox News Latino cites statistics from the American Cancer Society indicating that testicular cancer claims the lives of approximately 400 men annually, adding:
In recent years, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of testicular cancer cases involving Hispanic males.
Even though non-Hispanic white males still have the highest overall occurrence rate at 8.6 per 100,000 individuals, according to a new report, Latino men are no longer trailing behind — with 6.3 incidences per 100,000 individuals.
Could that mean that Senhor Testiculo will be journeying north of the border to delight (if that is the correct word) Americans of all ages? We’ll keep you informed.
- Car buyer performs oral sex on seller to lower sale price
- Tea kettle billboard that reminded people of Hitler removed
- Women protest giant Barbie dollhouse that ‘objectifies women’ … by stripping
- Peeping Tom art exhibit has unwitting subjects up in arms
- Native Americans offended by billboards, Catholics by naked female pope
- University displays billboard-sized naked vaginas in pro-abortion exhibit
- China’s state-owned newspaper suppressing jokes in re its phallic new headquarters
- WH takes flak for ‘male-centric’ inner circle, publishes revised photo
- Detroit mom objects to reading of Anne Frank’s diary as too ‘pornographic’
- Artwork using artist’s sperm banned as potential health hazard
- NYC exhibit features works painted with artist’s own blood (Video)
- The vagina monolith: Suggestive sculpture under wraps at Wasilla High School
- Topless women protest as Berlusconi votes
- HS librarian sentenced for sending pics of her naked breasts to student
- Today is 12th annual ‘No Pants Subway Ride Day’