Appearing on CNBC’s “Kudlow Report” with Larry Kudlow, former Democratic Party presidential candidate and DNC chair Howard Dean dismissed the controversy surrounding the Benghazi terror attack as “ridiculous” and a “laughable joke,” The Blaze reported Tuesday.
“This is about issues that are important to the American people,” said RNC communications director Sean Spicer.
“Benghazi isn’t about scoring political points, it’s about making sure we do right by our foreign policy. The IRS is about making sure that we don’t target American citizens,” he began before Dean interrupted him.
“Benghazi is a laughable joke,” Dean said.
“With all due respect, governor, when four Americans die serving this country, that’s not a joke, sir. That’s not a joke,” Spicer replied.
“Oh stop it,” Dean said in response. “The blaming the president for that is a ridiculous joke, the American people — you’ve been beating on this for a year. I don’t understand why you don’t give up on it…!”
“There are no serious questions being asked about Benghazi, none…It’s totally made up nonsense. It’s totally clear what happened in Benghazi. It’s ridiculous,” he added.
According to Simon, the testimony will include “details about what really transpired in Benghazi that are potentially devastating to both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.”
“The former diplomats inform PJM the new revelations concentrate in two areas — what Ambassador Chris Stevens was actually doing in Benghazi and the pressure put on General Carter Ham, then in command of U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) and therefore responsible for Libya, not to act to protect jeopardized U.S. personnel,” Simon wrote.
- Obama: Controversy over Benghazi talking points a ‘sideshow’
- Jay Carney to Piers Morgan: Scandals involving IRS, Benghazi, AP ‘don’t exist’
- Limbaugh: Obama administration operating like ‘banana republic-type government’
- NBC spiked story identifying Benghazi whistleblower as Democrat, Obama voter
- Transparency or cover-up? ‘Off-the-record’ briefing becomes ‘deep background’
- Sen. James Inhofe: Obama could face impeachment over Benghazi cover-up
- Media Matters blogger: Furor over Benghazi attack hype, more died under Reagan
- Conservatives demand to know why RNC never aired Benghazi ad
- Hillary Clinton: Truth about Benghazi attack doesn’t matter
- Wash. Post: Rich, white people who like Chick-fil-A tweeting about Benghazi