If you can’t beat ‘em, frame ‘em. That in a nutshell would appear to be the motivation behind Think Progress award-winning blogger Meg Lanker-Simons’s false claim that she was the victim of a hate crime. On Wednesday, she was charged by University of Wyoming Police with faking the her own threat.
Trib.com reports that Lanker-Simons was charged with interfering in a police investigation, which is a misdemeanor.
University police say that the lefty blogger admitted to authoring an anonymous threat of sexual violence targeted at her on Facebook last week.
Lanker-Simons accused an anonymous source of posting a threat of rape on the Facebook page ‘UW Crushes’ on April 24. But the citation issued Monday claims Lanker-Simons admitted to making the post, then lying about it….
The post, purported to be the work of an out-of-control conservative detractor, read:
I want to hatef**k Meg Lanker — so hard. That chick that runs her liberal mouth all the time and doesn’t care who knows it. I think its [sic] hot and it makes me angry. One night with me and she’s gonna be a good Republican b**ch.
Trib.com notes that Lanker-Simons has been in similar situations in the past. She reported receiving a death threat via email in March 2011 just before syndicated columnist Ann Coulter was to visit the University of Wyoming.
The message, which was emailed to the Star-Tribune, read, “If I see her I will send her to Hell with one shot and you can bet I wont [sic] miss.
- Media Matters VP thanks fan who offers him BJ for getting Glenn Beck canceled
- Will undercover video of Bronx abortion clinic horrors stir the media pot?
- MSNBC’s Harris-Perry: Marathon bombing got ‘action,’ while Newtown brought ‘inaction’
- Liberal columnist: Too soon to blame Islamic extremism for Boston bombings
- GOP reps. to mainstream media: Stop ignoring Gosnell abortion trial
- A liberal confesses: We have nothing to fear but the fear of thinking itself
- Left desperate for stories supporting its ‘conservatives are stupid’ narrative
- The other ‘anti-science’ party
- Newsweek asks ‘Why are Obama’s critics so dumb?’
- You think liberals are smarter than conservatives? Prove it