Let’s see if we can get a handle on this. If a journalist on the left uses a hidden camera to expose right-wing corruption or abuse, he is hailed as a patriot and a hero (even if the abuse is mythical). But when a pro-life group brings a hidden camera into an abortion clinic whose chief OB-GYN is on record saying he wouldn’t assist a baby born alive as a result of a failed abortion, the videographer is a “terrorist.”
That in a nutshell (nutcase?) is the argument now being advanced by Cesare Santangelo, a D.C. abortionist who was captured on video by an undercover reporter with LiveAction, a pro-life group, acknowledging that saving a baby born alive would in his view be tantamount to ignoring a do-not-resuscitate order.
“Technically — you know, legally we would be obligated to help it, you know, to survive,” Santangelo tells a female visitor to his clinic in the video below, adding, “But, you know, it probably wouldn’t. It’s all in how vigorously you do things to help a fetus survive at this point…”
Then the bad doctor said this:
Let’s say you went into labor, the membranes ruptured, and you delivered before we got to the termination part of the procedure here, you know? Then we would do things — we would — we would not help it. We wouldn’t intubate.… It would be, you know, uh, a person, a terminal person in the hospital, let’s say, that had cancer, you know? You wouldn’t do any extra procedures to help that person survive. Like ‘do not resuscitate’ orders. We would do the same things here.
That was Santangelo over the weekend. But today, knowing that he was the victim of a sting operation, he told The Washington Post, “I don’t like to feed into these people. I really consider them terrorists.”
- MSNBC panel fawns over ‘heroic’ 47% video maker
- Will undercover video of Bronx abortion clinic horrors stir the media pot?
- Gosnell case update: Judge acquits abortionist of three murder charges
- Non-partial-birth abortions just as horrific as Gosnell’s
- Gosnell: Death and the media
- GOP reps. to mainstream media: Stop ignoring Gosnell abortion trial
- Flashback: A chilling reminder of Obama’s support for partial birth abortion
- Liberal feminist group: ‘If our reproductive choices are denied, so are yours’
- Would Gosnell case be news if he had used a gun?
- WaPo denies media bias in Gosnell case blackout, but wait till you hear why