Despite Dzhokhar Tsarnaev‘s reported admission that he and his brother committed the Boston Marathon bombings, a petition at change.org claims the brothers are innocent and demands the surviving suspect receive a fair trial, Twitchy said Wednesday.
“We believe that within the chaos caused by the Boston Marathon explosion, two young men were wrongfully accused of something they did not do, and one of them has lost his life before even getting the opportunity of a proper trial,” the petition says.
“We do not wish to see blood of yet another innocent victim, someone who, by U.S. law, is innocent until proven guilty. It is vital to end this persecution, as all the conflicting information shown by the media, and footage from the incident, seen by people from all corners of the world, doesn’t manifest itself as enough evidence to condemn Dzhokhar Tsarnaev of this heinous crime,” the petition adds. “We want evidence. We want truth. We want justice.”
According to Twitchy, the petition was started by Anita Temisheva, but, Twitchy added, “chief Dzhokhar truther [Troy] Crossley was among the first to push it on Twitter.”
As of this writing, the petition has over 10,000 signatures from people who believe the two brothers were part of a set-up perpetrated by the government.
“At this point this looks like a set-up to me,” one person wrote.
“I’m tired of the EVIL, and CORRUPT U.S. GOVERNMENT sacrificing innocent people with Domestic Terrorism committed by the CIA, FBI and their ‘Black Ops’ CRIMINALS. Look at the 9-11 Building Implosions, and highly Orchestrated ‘Sandy Hook shootings.’ EXPOSE THE TRUTH about the REAL CRIMINALS!” added another person.
On Tuesday, the Boston Globe said that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev “admitted to authorities Sunday that he and his brother were behind the Boston Marathon bombings, according to a senior law enforcement official.”
“We just killed a cop. We blew up the marathon. And now we’re going to New York. Don’t [expletive] with us,” the brothers reportedly told a carjack victim as they held him at gunpoint.
Ed Drisoll noted at PJ Media that conspiracy theories surrounding the bombings began almost as soon as the attack occurred, citing a post at Neo-Neocon.
“Sure! The Tsarnaevs were framed. Patsies! And all those people in the crowd with all those photos were part of the plot. As for the cop killing and the final shootout and all that—well, after all, wouldn’t anybody act that way?” Neo-Neocon said.
A post at Wired says that followers of Tsarnaev are flooding social media outlets with expressions of support with bracelets and body art.
“@Sputnik51210 showed off her FREE JAHAR bracelet. Similarly, @Freejaharxo showed the same rallying cry, written on his or her arm in pink marker. Another guy wants to put it on a t-shirt,” Wired said.
“Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is really cute. I don’t care what anyone says,” Twitter user @Cristina__Des said, according to a report at ABC News. “I’d date him.”
“All we lack to complete the picture is for a Jack Ruby to step forward and shoot Dzhokhar in his hospital bed, inciting spinoff conspiracy theories,” Neo-Neocon added.
- Bloomberg: Interpretation of Constitution ‘will have to change’ after bombings
- Geraldo Rivera on Boston Marathon bombing: ‘This enemy is us’
- Geraldo Rivera expresses ‘regrets’ to ‘Muslim brothers and sisters’ over bombing
- NPR: Conservatives tied to Boston Marathon bombing because of Hitler’s birthday
- Is the ‘mainstream media’ fomenting violence against conservatives?
- MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell: NRA helping Boston Marathon bombers get away
- Suspect arrested in ricin letter scare identified as liberal activist
- Salon contributor: ‘Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American’
- Forest Service representative blames Tea Party for Boston Marathon bombing
- Michael Moore hints conservatives may be behind Boston Marathon bombings
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- New York Times’ Nick Kristof politicizes Boston Marathon bombing, backtracks