It should be noted for starters that the Department of Homeland Services is in over its head in terms of the number of student visas it issues.
As Katie Pavlich reports at Townhall, immigration authorities admitted as much after the Boston Marathon bombing last week. DHS, they acknowledged simply lacks the resources needed to confirm that all student visa recipients are in fact students and attending classes.
When you consider, moreover, that the 9/11 terrorists were in the country on expired visas — some of them the student variety — on the morning of the attack, the idea seems to have merit.
So, are liberals ready to accept the sage advice of the mystery commentator who said the following on cable TV on Monday? I’ll give you a hint: He appears on the Fox News Channel. (Yeah, I know, big help.)
I think we really have to, given the fact that so many people hate us, that we’re going to have to cut off Muslim students from coming to this country for some period of time so that we can at least absorb what we’ve got, look at what we’ve got, and decide whether some of the people here should be sent back home or sent to prison.
It’s a pretty unfeeling comment and certainly beyond the boundaries of political correctness. To determine which right-wing moron said it, click on the video and fast forward to 4:49.
- Bloomberg: Boston bombings show it’s time to rewrite Constitution
- Don’t know much geography: Twitter users confuse Chechnya and Czech Republic
- Liberal columnist: Too soon to blame Islamic extremism for Boston bombings
- Sorry, David Sirota: Looks like Boston bombers are not ‘White Americans’
- The most despicable headline yet about the Boston Marathon bombing
- MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell: NRA helping Boston Marathon bombers get away with murder
- Saudi ‘person of interest’ in Boston bombings to be deported?
- Jihadist magazine: ‘How to make a bomb in the kitchen of your mom’