And here you thought Obama was overplaying his hand when it came to pronouncements of doom and gloom over the sequester, which is due to kick in tomorrow! Not to be outdone, the ever-redoubtable Rep. Maxine Waters revealed that sequestration could cost the nation 170 million jobs. Yet, as Weasel Zippers points out, the nation has only 134 million people in the workforce.
Any act of government that could result in the loss of 127 percent of the nation’s jobs does sound pretty odious. Here is Waters. The money portion of the video begins at around the 1-minute mark.
- Gov’t claims sequestration will hurt federal agency despite fact it closed (Photos)
- To prove security threat due to sequestration, WH releases illegal immigrants from detention
- WH releases state-by-state impact of sequestration (Photos)
- HUD: Sequester cuts Obama signed could expose kids to lead poisoning
- Next fiscal cliff fight to commence shortly
- The fiscal cliff drama could turn out to be the bane of Obama’s presidency
- Obama’s new plan to solve fiscal cliff crisis: ‘Drink some egg nog’
- Obama administration told press secretary ‘not to acknowledge’ drone warfare
- WH sells access to president to 1-percenters
- CA legislators unveil initiative granting amnesty to illegals
- DNC chair: GOP wants to make illegal immigration “a crime” (Video)
- Is Obama planning to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants without a Congressional vote?