Another country heard from. Actor and activist Danny Glover has seen the comments on gun control made earlier this month by fellow shoot-‘em-up star Sty Stallone and has raised him one. Whereas Stallone merely displayed hypocrisy by advocating a ban on assault weapons after wielding them in numerous films, Glover is calling for a repeal of the Second Amendment. Whether he knows it or not is unclear.
On Thursday, Glover told The Daily Caller that Congress should “abolish guns” in the U.S.
I don’t own a gun and definitely not only Gun Control [sic], we should abolish guns, the personal guns. That’s how far I’m willing to go.
There are many people in this country who do not have guns, who don’t own guns and are still under the same [sic], are still susceptible to being burglarized or anything, but that doesn’t mean that we should willingly accept the fact that we need guns. We have to find some sort of way in which we live together, some sort of way in which we move on, for the human species to move on without guns.
View slideshow: Photo album that Danny Glover probably wishes he could destroy
While Martin Luther King, Jr., never addressed the issue of gun violence, wishful thinking notwithstanding, Glover professed to know what the civil rights leader would do if he were was alive today: “He would be out there advocating for the end of guns as a prelude to the end of violence as well.”
- Stallone latest Hollywood denizen to voice support for gun control
- Joe Biden’s shotgun advice could land his wife in jail
- WH website offers gun ownership advice from shot gun salesman Joe Biden
- Video mocking celeb anti-gun PSA goes viral
- Bridge too far: 6-year-old expelled for bringing toy gun to school (Photos)
- Obama exploiting innocent kids to promote gun control: The movie (Photos)
- Kindergartner suspended for threatening to ‘shoot’ a classmate with bubbles
- Rahm Emanuel urges two major banks to stop lending to gun manufacturers
- CT town to burn violent video games as school begins again (Photos)
- Police chief boycotts Denny’s after officers ejected for being armed
- 6-year-old Maryland student suspended for pointing finger like gun
- SF HS student suspended over private Newtown poem
- Liberals toy with idea of profiling white males as solution to Newtown
- Newtown 7th grader seeks to rid nation of violent video games
- In dealing with massacre, Obama lacks what it takes to be an agent of change
- Anti-gun NY Dem threatens to ‘embarrass’ Obama in re guns
- Day after CT massacre, Brooklyn churches offer cash for guns
- Meet Michael Bloomberg, gun control champion and undercover filmmaker
- MSM anchors see insulting historical antecedents in gun debate