The Blaze reports:
On Friday morning, the White House sent out a press release announcing the president’s delegation to the inauguration of the newly elected president of the Republic of Korea.
“But,” as Jonathon Seidl notes, “there was one problem,” and a “pretty embarrassing” one at that. In the release, which appears above, the Office of the Press Secretary refers to Park Geun-Hye as “his excellency.” But Park is a she. Here is her photo.
And here is the emended version of the press release, but by the time the correction was issued, the blunder was already a fait accomplis.
So how serious is this faux pas in the grand scheme of things? Not very. But if the same mistake had been made by Obama’s predecessor, Jon Stewart, the late-night comics, and the mainstream media would be having a field day over it.
- Obama’s latest gaffe: We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad
- Obama infuriates Poles with reference to ‘Polish death camp’
- 6-year-old airs grievances over gender imbalance (Photos)
- Latest feminist complaint: You never see the Virgin Mary breastfeeding Jesus
- Celeb chefs join 13-year-old’s crusade for gender-neutral EZ Bake Oven (Photos)
- Obama gets his own daughter’s age wrong
- Where’s Weirdo: Obama’s very special photo op
- Obama signs Westminster Abbey guestbook, dates it “2008″
- Obama’s slip is showing again: Gets history of atom wrong in big speech
- Obama busted: Thursday’s economic reboot speech recycled from earlier address
- Obama marks Hanukkah two weeks early, flubs lighting of Menorah
- Obama’s celebrates Hanukkah at the White House … 2 weeks early
- Corpse-Man in Chief