Anyone who follows the news would have to be blind not to notice the stylish new eyewear that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been sporting of late. It turns out those Coke-bottle lenses are more than a fashion statement.
Speculation by New York’s Daily News — that the outgoing head of State is suffering from double vision — was seemingly confirmed Thursday night by a Clinton spokesman who said she is wearing special glasses as a result of the fall and concussion she suffered last month.
Dr. Mark Fromer, a Manhattan ophthalmologist, posited that a Fresnel prism has been affixed to the lenses, telling the paper that the device, attached by means of an adhesive patch, is used to treat double vision. A close-up of the glasses reveals the presence of fine vertical lines, which are characteristic of this type of lens.
If valid, this explanation would put the kibosh on rumors circulated earlier in the month that Clinton was feigning head trauma to sidestep appearing before Congressional panels on the Behghazi raid. It still wouldn’t account for her evasive testimony yesterday, when she did appear.
- WH defends Hillary’s ‘what difference does it make’ remark on Benghazi raid
- Hillary Clinton’s ‘taking responsibility’ for Libya changes nothing
- Joe Biden tells parents of SEAL killed in Benghazi their son had ‘balls’ (Photos)
- Breaking: Top Obama appointee cut reference to Al Qaeda in Benghazi memo (Photos)
- Father of fallen Marine outraged over condolence ‘form letter’ from president
- Breaking: WH had info on ID of Benghazi attackers within 2 hours
- Biden Libya debate claim throws Hillary Clinton under the bus (Video)
- Embassy killings and protests prompt MSM, Dems to attack Mitt Romney (Video)
- White House denies stripping mention of Al Qaeda from CIA talking points
- Obama now has a Susan Rice problem in addition to his Benghazi problem