While using children as props, President Obama signed 23 executive orders dealing with gun control on Wednesday, four more than what was initially reported.
CNS News said that the executive orders covered a wide range of issues, including “tighter gun control, including beefed-up enforcement of background checks and more resources for schools, public health and law enforcement officials.”
“In the month since 20 precious children and six great adults were taken from us at Sandy Hook Elementary, more than 900 of our fellow Americans have reportedly died at the end of a gun, 900 in the past month,” he said while accompanied by four children.
“As soon as I am finished speaking here, I will sit at that desk and I will sign a directive giving law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence,” Obama said. “We will make it easier to keep guns out of the hands of criminals by strengthening the background check system. We will help schools hire more resource officers, if they want, and develop emergency-preparedness plans.”
A summary of the 23 orders can be seen here.
One of the orders clarifies that the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Obama also called on Congress to “fund research into the effect that video games have on young minds,” and demanded lawmakers re-institute a ban on so-called “assault” weapons while enacting a universal background check for all gun sales.
“Attacking firearms and ignoring children is not a solution to the crisis we face as a nation. Only honest, law-abiding gun owners will be affected and our children will remain vulnerable to the inevitability of more tragedy,” the NRA said in response to Obama’s actions.
- CNN’s Piers Morgan admits gun bans will not stop mass shootings
- Piers Morgan admits standing on graves of dead children to advance gun control
- Former Atty General: Obama could be impeached over gun control executive orders
- MSNBC’s Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Tennessee family uses firearms to stop intruder
- Jesse Jackson: Gun manufacturers should be held responsible for shootings
- GOP representative threatens impeachment if Obama uses executive orders on guns
- Home identified by Journal News gun map burglarized, gun safe targeted
- White House petition demands ban on hammers and baseball bats
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Crybaby: Piers Morgan claims conservatives targeting him over gun control
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones