You know how easily these things get out of hand. Everyone is in high spirits, drinks a little too much, and soon bottles are flying and furniture is being smashed. That was the scene late yesterday in Stoughton, Mass., about 20 miles southwest of Boston, but the venue was not a sports bar and the free-for-all was unrelated to the New England Patriots’ playoff win over the Houston Texans.
Rather the event was a baby shower, and before the day was done, four of the celebrants were led away in handcuffs, one of them 14 years old. Boston.com notes that the fight, which broke out around 11:45 p.m., was over “women” and involved as many as 200 combatants.
The four the most flagrant offenders are scheduled to be arraigned Monday on charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and assault and battery on a police officer. The identity of the 14-year-old is being withheld because he is a minor, but the other three – all technically adults – are identified as 24-year-old Patrick Cardoso Lopes, 24-year-old Paulo Pires Depina, and 22-year-old Aderito Lopes Deandrade.
Police Sgt. Daniel McGowan called the scene a ‘‘nightmare.’’ Isn’t that the way baby showers always end?
- Parents in need of parents: Angry mothers brawl at pre-school graduation
Baby stroller rolls off subway as mother fights with another passenger (Video)
- Video: 9-year-old assaults toddlers in daycare; angry parent inflames situation
- Parents arm 11-year-old with .22 ‘for protection at school’
- Olive Garden mistakenly serves booze to a child—again
- Waitress at Red Lobster attacked for refilling water glasses too often
- Bronx 4-year-old boy out past bedtime killed by stray bullet
- New low: Muggers steal a gold chain from 3-year-old in stroller
- Horror story: 15-year-old girl with low IQ gang-raped in NYC school
- Four-year-old brings marijuana to school, offers to share with classmates
- 8-year-old slashes fellow school student with blade in schoolyard fight
- NJ mother arrested for taking 6-year-old to tanning salon
- Teacher tells 7-year-old she’s ‘too sexy’ for gym class
- Brooklyn mother abandons daughters, 3 and 5, on sidewalk, drives off (Update)
- School accuses 6-year-old of sexual assault during schoolyard game of tag