If this is any indication of what the New Year holds in store, 2013 is going to be a very long year. Last night, during CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage, comedienne Kathy Griffin promised (threatened?) on live TV to tickle co-host Anderson Cooper’s “sac,” then outdid herself by stooping down and planting a kiss on his crotch.
Call it a case of “the most trusted name in news” countenancing the vulgar presence of “the most tasteless slut in show business.”
Newbuster.org’s Noel Sheppard features a video clip of the embarrassment along with transcribed highlights and commentary:
Shortly after midnight, Cooper showed viewers how they celebrate New Year’s Eve in Eastport, Maine.
National correspondent Gary Tuchman reported live that there’s a custom in the town to kiss a statue of an eight-foot sardine that they drop from the museum at the stroke of midnight. People were then shown kissing the sardine.
As Tuchman finished his report, Griffin in the left split-screen bent down and kissed Cooper’s crotch.
As she continued to try to kiss it, Cooper asked her, ‘Did you drop something?’
‘No, I was kissing your sardine,’ Griffin replied.
‘Thank you. I got it,’ giggled Cooper.
‘I can do it again,’ Griffin said kneeling. ‘I can do this all night long.’
‘No, sweetie,’ said Cooper lifting her back on her feet.
‘I’m going on Letterman in two nights, and he wants a moment,’ argued Griffin as she went down again.
‘I’m going down,’ she said. ‘You know you want to.’
‘Believe me, I really don’t,’ said Cooper as he once again pulled her upright.
‘It’s after midnight,’ protested Griffin.
‘I never have,’ argued Cooper.
‘No one’s even going to, what’s the big deal?’ responded Griffin as she went down again.
‘I don’t know what you’re talking about,’ Cooper said pulling her up as he handed it off to Brooke Baldwin in New Orleans.
Sheppard chronicles Griffin’s past derelictions on the network, noting that in 2008 she directed a vulgar oral sex reference to a heckler and, in 2009, dropped an F-bomb. Last year she stripped down to her underwear. “Yet CNN keeps inviting her back,” Sheppard muses.
For the record, Griffin’s antics were the second humiliation visited on CNN on New Year’s Eve. Earlier in the day, a bespectacled loon appeared in the background during an interview in Times Square repeating the phrase “Howard Stern’s penis.” In the interests of fairness, it should be reported that the same nut showed up shortly after with the same mantra for viewers of the FOX News Channel, which also exercised poor judgment in not cutting back to the studio.
- New Year’s resolution for Obama: Discontinue foolish WH petition page
- New Year’s resolution: Let’s ban ‘fiscal cliff’ from vernacular
- Obama adviser tells CNN ‘People’ magazine as ‘important’ as WH press corps
- A liberal confesses: We have nothing to fear but the fear of thinking itself
- MSNBC host accuses Romney of ‘n**gerizing’ Obama
- Touré tweets ‘get your abortions NOW in case the Republicans win’
- What Melissa Harris-Perry’s tirade on risk tells us about the liberal mind
- MSNBC host celebrates 4th by ‘remembering nation’s many wrongs’
- Obama campaign dogged by ‘we did build this’ message
- MSNBC’s Chris Hayes: We need more, not fewer, leaks of classified info
- Jon Stewart: Obama has gone from “Yes, we can” to “You know, whatever” (Video)