“But enough about me,” the narcissistic celebrity says to his television interviewer after waxing rhapsodic about his achievements for a solid half hour. “Let’s talk about you. So what do you think of me?”
That used to be a joke. Now, sadly, it is a biography. It is a distressingly on-point thumbnail of the habits of the 44th president, whose self-reverence has been on proud (prideful?) display since he announced his candidacy in 2007. The years since have been punctuated by acts of unpaaralleled egotism, beginning with his pre-presidential seal and marked most recently by his eulogy for the late Sen. Daniel Inouye, which included no less than 63 references to himself.
View slideshow: The year in pictures (in the eyes of B. Obama)
Now to close out a busy year, Obama has gathered up his favorite photos and posted them to the White House Facebook page. In its introduction to the photo spread, MailOnline notes that the pictures are there “for America to enjoy.” But when you inspect the images — all but one of which is of the president — you get the distinct sense that his priority is not the nation’s enjoyment, but his own self-congratulation.
- Ego has landed: President refers to himself 63 times during Inouye eulogy (Photos)
- L’état c’est Obama
- Father of fallen Marine outraged over condolence ‘form letter’ from president
- Plaque unveiled in Chicago to mark spot of Obamas’ first kiss
- Obama makes GQ’s list of ’25 Least Influential People Alive’
- Obama’s biggest mistake is not having told ‘his story’? Surely he jests
- DNC to feature Mt. Rushmore-like sand sculpture of Obama (Photos)