Something is rotten in the state of Maryland. It is the noxious odor emanating from the tail pipe of an employee of the Social Security Administration.
The Smoking Gun reports:
A federal employee was formally reprimanded this month for excessive workplace flatulence, a sanction that was delivered to him in a five-page letter that actually included a log of representative dates and times when he was recorded ‘releasing the awful and unpleasant odor’ in his Baltimore office.
The letter, dated December 10, accuses the man of “conduct unbecoming a federal officer.” The 38-year-old worker reportedly provided evidence that he suffered from “some medical conditions” that, at times, caused him to be unable to work full days. But an SSA manager noted in the reprimand letter that, “nothing that you have submitted has indicated that you would have uncontrollable flatulence. It is my belief that you can control this condition.”
The letter has been redacted, obliterating the worker’s name, but The Smoking Gun obtained a photograph of the man and his wife (faces obscured) at a theme park standing astride — are you ready for this? — an employee dressed as Pepe Le Pew.
As though the whole matter didn’t already reek, the worker has taken refuge behind the protective apron of the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the union that represents SSA workers. When asked for a comment by The Smoking Gun, the worker remained close-mouthed. Now if only he could figure out to keep his other end closed, we’d really be getting somewhere.
- Make way for bacon-scented shaving cream (Photos)
- ‘Poo machine’ attracting crowds at Down Under art museum (Photos)
- Utah mom toilet trains her tots at a table in a restaurant (Photos)
- Eau de Barbecue: First scent to make you smell like dinner
- TSA defends removing diaper of 95-year-old woman; time for TSA to go
- CO woman rubs naked butt, urinates on $30 million painting
- CA man arrested after cooking and eating stray cats
- McDonalds customer finds cockroach in food; Arby’s customer finds finger
- Government buys 7 million pounds of ‘pink slime’ for school lunches
- Study: Gila monster spit reduces food and possibly booze cravings
- Celebrate spring with urine-soaked eggs, a delicacy in China
- Prosecutors come down hard on clerk who laced yogurt samples with semen
- Bugs: The OTHER other white meat
- Teens sentenced to probation after serving birthday cake ‘iced’ with human feces