Joe Newby has already adequately conveyed the mayhem and level of incivility on display by members of big labor in Lansing following the state legislature’s passage on Tuesday of a right-to-work law. Joe focuses on a crowd of miscreants who assaulted FOX News contributor Steven Crowder and tore down a tent set up the conservative website Americans for Prosperity.
But a more revealing example of how the left comports itself when things don’t go its way is suggested by a story at the blog Ironic Surrealism, suggested in turn by reader JPeterman. According to the account, the union thugs didn’t just take out their frustration on outsiders, such as Crowder. They also went after locals like Clint Tarver, aka “The Hot Dog Guy.”
Tarver, who is black, was the object of racist taunts and jeers that included “N**ger Uncle Tom.” His iconic hot dog cart was destroyed, which was perhaps the unkindest cut of all. And what had Tarver done to incur the wrath of a crowd of cretins? Nothing other than venturing to near the Capitol, which action – last time anyone checked – was within his constitutional rights.
The YouTube video that follows tells Tarver’s story and suggests that the sidewalk outside the Capitol was a common venue from which he dispensed his edible wares. A woman by the name of Lorilea Susanne has set up a site where concerned citizens can donate to help Tarver rebuild his business. One can reasonably expect that Barack Obama will figure prominently among the donors, owing to his vast store of compassion and belief in the rich doing their fare share.
Obama also reminded us of the importance of behaving civilly after the atrocity in Tuscon in early 2011, so it is also fair to predict that he will want to know “whose ass to kick” for destroying an innocent man’s livelihood.
- Civility update: Dem congressmen nearly come to punches in debate
- Liberal FOX News contributor says Michelle Malkin ‘needs to get laid’
- Latest battle in the civility wars: Ted Nugent’s ‘threat’ against the president
- MSNBC host accuses Romney of ‘n**gerizing’ Obama
- Civility alert: Liberal radio host says tornado victims forsaken by ‘their God’
- Barack Obama’s ‘uncivil war’
- Love tweets to Brad Pitt’s mom: Liberals provide another lesson in civility
- A liberal confesses: We have nothing to fear but the fear of thinking itself
- Twitter flooded with death threats against Scott Walker
- A Walker win and the (literal) slap heard round the world (Video)
- Civility alert: Waxman calls GOP ‘terrorists’; break Jan Brewer’s finger off
- Liberals rejoice over death of Andrew Breitbart
- Civility alert: WI protesters tell GOP senators “YOU WILL DIE!”
- Tea Party terrorists and the left’s civility pledge
- The shootings in Tucson and Tea Party Derangement Syndrome