After the Brexit and recent attacks against migrants in Britain, I can’t get rid of a déjà vu feeling. As if I’ve already watched this movie quarter century ago. I know its end, and it’s not a happy one.
In summer of 1989, the Lithuanian Sejm decided to withdraw from the Soviet Union and establish Lithuanian laws in the country. It was the beginning of the end for USSR – a giant corrupt monster, which for 70 years bullied the world and its people under the pretense of communist ideology.
Intimidation and sanctions could not prevent the collapse. A fabricated, artificial entity, thoroughly impregnated with falsehood and lies, fell apart like a house of cards.
It came out of the clear blue sky, but the collapse was inevitable due to the very nature of the “Red empire” – as was the inevitable disintegration of the EU.
Set aside the scenery and the nuances. Without a doubt, the EU’s bright and vivid facade does not resemble the meager greyness of the Soviet entourage. Of course, EU hasn’t the power, assertiveness, and strict centralization that USSR had. However, the supporting structures and the foundation were made from the same materials with the same guidelines.
One can easily find numerous and fundamental similarities between these two entities.
– The Soviet Union created a planned, controlled, and unsustainable economy managed by a bureaucratic apparatus. The EU did the same, and has tried to regulate economy artificially. The USSR redistributed wealth on an equal basis – the EU has been wasting money on benefits to those who refuse to work.
– The USSR and the EU both imposed an artificial, universalist ideology on their people that promised a paradise on earth for the next generations. In the USSR it was called Communism. EU calls it “postmodernism.” Soviet apparatchiks used the slogan “Let’s denounce the old world!” to drive their people to hell. The EU bureaucrats’ approach differs only in wording and pace.
– The USSR created a huge bureaucratic machine, dictating ideology in all spheres of life – from politics to theater, architecture, and fashion. This bureaucracy was completely cut off from the reality lived by the citizens. The same has happened in the EU.
– The USSR instituted a most severe censorship with persecution of dissidents. Through bureaucratically subjugating governments, national media, the Academy, and the judicial system, the EU pursuit of dissidents has been more sophisticated, and thus more efficient. It is veiled by concepts of “tolerance”, “human rights” and “cultural diversity” – a devilish invention.
– The Soviet Union cultivated a new “formation of people” – “Soviet people.” Like the unskillful Gnostic Demiurge, the EU cultivated “post-modern people” – consumers without roots, values, and moral compass, unable to see the difference between good and evil, fact and fiction. In order to create a “Soviet man,” the USSR deliberately forced a migration of nations, while destroying homogeneous historical communities, and arbitrarily creating alien enclaves in the social bodies of other republics: Ukraine, Baltic States, Moldova, the Caucasus, and Central Asia. The EU has intentionally flooded its countries with masses of migrants from Third World and Muslim countries to destroy national cultures – labeling the process “multiculturalism.”
– Communists created a fussy, worthless, and senseless art of “Socialist realism,” symbolized by works like “Worker and Kolkhoz Woman.” European postmodernists have invented infantile “postmodern art,” with a cult of primitivism, rafting archaic forms, meaningless set of sounds and wall paintings.
– The USSR intimidated its people with the threat of nuclear apocalypse to distract them from poverty. The EU frightens Europeans with environmental apocalypse, promulgating doubtful ideas about global warming while downplaying the real threat of global terrorism, the clash of civilizations, and the collapse of the national states.
– The USSR drained the resources of wealthy republics – the Baltic States and Ukraine – to feed a weak, unproductive South. The EU doesn’t fall behind.
– The USSR treated the Jews with the “fifth column,” regardless of their contribution to science and medicine. The EU has betrayed the European Jews while obstinately undermining Israel, despite its contribution to science and medicine, only to appease Muslims. The USSR had created the “Palestinian people” and the PLO , turning “anti-Zionism” into a spearhead of its “anti-imperialist” policies. The EU has turned the creation of “a Palestinian state” into “the sacral dogma” of foreign policy, ignoring geopolitical reality, Islamic fanaticism, and the Middle East chaos.
– The USSR spent years limitlessly and greedily wasting resources to feed the various regimes, until it ultimately collapsed from exhaustion. In its own greed and unscrupulousness, the EU is infinitely expanding by association with Turkey, North Africa, and the Caucasus.
– The USSR dispersed the miasma of its pseudo-ideology throughout the world under the pretense of “fighting for the freedom of peoples” and “social justice.” The EU is now operating in a similar manner.
Wasn’t it a cruel mockery of History that the European Union that was on the verge of collapse virtually awarded itself the Nobel Peace Prize, as was done by senile Soviet leaders?
I’ve claimed that I know the end of this “movie.” At first, the collapse will occur alongside the borders of “Pink Empire” countries. After that, the very fabric of the social organism of the European countries will start to decay. Alien and hostile enclaves already exist in European cities in the form of extraterritorial “Sensitive Urban Zones” with laws of sharia or clan and tribal law codes.
They will expand and become quasi-states inside states. Territorial entities will appear in Europe similar to Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Transnistria and Chechnya, the republic of Donetsk and Luhansk Republic. In the former USSR these entities get the support of Russia. In the EU they will get support from the vast Islamic world.
Timeworn grievances will flare up. The body of the crumbling “United Europe” will be covered with ulcers and bleeding wounds. European states (including perhaps new ones like Scotland, Catalonia, Wallonia, and so on) will have to regain power with force, to declare states of emergency, to carry out repressions. Dictatorship will become the alternative to chaos, and that will be the end of democracy. “Bellum omnium contra omnes” (“The war of all against all”) will bring Western Europe back to the “Social Contract” of Hobbes; i.e., to voluntary submission to tyranny. Ironically, hundreds of thousands of migrants will become victims of “multiculturalism.” The elite will either flee or will “adapt,” like Soviet apparatchiks after “Perestroika,” who became oligarchs and Orthodox nationalists.
One more experiment comes to an end, leaving behind anarchy and ruin. The EU-SSR elite has destroyed prosperous countries just in a few decades – ironically, achieving even more than a geriatric Soviet elite could.