Hey, it’s all part of being a parent. You go out for an attitude-adjustment drink with colleagues after work and lose track of the time. When you get home, you are reminded icily that you missed your kid’s recital at school.
Or in the case of Lisa Morris, of Corpus Christi, you take your 6-year-old along with you to buy some crack cocaine and forget to bring him back home with you.
ABC affiliate KRIS notes that the 36-year-old contender for the LU Mom of the Year title actually told police — and I’m quoting here — “Everyone makes mistakes.”
In the affidavit she describes how she went to a house on Craig Street to buy some crack cocaine. She left her son in a bedroom while she went to smoke in another room. Morris then told officers she went to Stripes to buy a grape soda and Cheetos. She says she tried to get to the apartment but couldn’t remember where it was. The document goes on to say that Morris drove around looking for the apartment all night but couldn’t find it.
Hmm, so she is a conscientious parent. OK, this is not a joking matter:
After she ran out of gas Wednesday afternoon then [sic] she called police to report her son missing. They found him 3 hours later. Documents say a home provider noticed through a cracked window a small boy naked matched the description on Facebook.
The child, Ryan Hunsaker, is in the custody of child protective services. Morris has been charged with child endangerment.
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- Image of the Day: Only thing more outrageous than 3-year-old’s obscene gesture is mother’s defense
- ‘It’s good for you!’ Mother breastfeeds 6-year-old daughter
- State seizes 11-year-old, arrests mother after he defends medical marijuana during school presentation
- Mother fleeing crime scene uses own infant as human shield
- Mom Tased daughter in the face for poor job cleaning house
- FL woman left young kids in car while attending rap concert
- Mom forces 9-year-old to pose nude for ‘porn shots’ to send to fiancé in jail