Earlier this month, LU headlines linked to the story of a Georgia woman who was arrested and charged with making terroristic threats after writing on her Facebook page:
I condone black on white killing. I’ve thought about shooting every white cop I see in the head until I’m either caught by the police or killed by them. Ha!!!! I think I can pull it off. Might kill at least fifteen tomorrow. I’m plotting now.
Like the genius who presses him hand against the bottom of an iron to see whether it’s hot right after watching someone else receive a bad burn doing exactly the same thing, an Iowa City man has been arrested for posting the identical message on his own Facebook page.
According to the Smoking Gun, the 30-year-old Michael Leshawn McCullum was busted last Tuesday after presumably copying and pasting the message that landed Ebony Dickens in jail. McCullum was charged with harassment, an aggravated misdemeanor, and is being held in Muscatine County jail on $100,000 bail.
Like Dickens, who used an online alias (Tiffany-Milan), McCullum posted under the pseudonym “Mike Jones.” As with Dickens, local law enforcement had no trouble tracking him down.
Dickens’s crime and arrest were widely reported. The criminal complaint naming McCullum lists the incident date as May 1, two days after Dickens was nabbed, leaving little doubt he understood the dire consequences of his actions and proceeded with his plans anyway. He has a lengthy rap sheet that includes convictions for drunk driving, pot possession, trespass, possession of drug paraphernalia, and assault on a peace officer.
- Woman busted for ‘Kill white cops’ Facebook post
- Baltimore mayor on riots: ‘We gave those who wished to destroy space as well’ (Video)
- Legal experts: Charges filed against Baltimore cops unlikely to stand up (Video)
- Tweet of the Day: Never letting a race riot go to waste
- Quote of the Day: Convict all 6 killer cops or else (Video)
- BREAKING: In surprise announcement, Freddie Gray death ruled a homicide (Video)