If you want to learn more about the qualifications for president of former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, just visit chucktodd.org. This is not to imply that the NBC News political director is a supporter of the GOP presidential hopeful. I would be surprised if he were, considering some of the comments he’s made about the two major parties (see here and here).
In fact, when he interviewed Fiorina on “Meet the Press” earlier today, he used the opportunity to stick it to her, asking her about the consternation she must have felt after announcing her candidacy last week only to discover that a cybersquatter had bought the rights to the domain carlyfiorina.org. The site is plastered with frowny-face emoticons to represent the 30,000 H-P employees laid off during her tenure.
Fiorina defended her record admirably and acknowledged having made a mistake in not registering carlyfiorina.org first. But the story doesn’t end there.
Shortly after her appearance this morning, she tweeted Todd to thank him for the airtime and also to advise him to check out chucktodd.org.
— Carly Fiorina (@CarlyFiorina) May 10, 2015
As Reuters notes:
Her campaign had registered that domain and clicking on the link redirected traffic to her official campaign site, carlyforpresident.com.
Fiorina had done the same thing last week with sethmeyers.org when she appeared on NBC’s “The Late Show with Seth Meyers.”
For the record, Fiorina is not the only 2016 presidential candidate to get pwned by cybersquatters:
Republican Ted Cruz must endure a rogue tedcruz.com site that says only “Support President Obama. Immigration Reform now”, while jebbushforpresident.com is being used by supporters of gay rights, not Jeb Bush.
The site hillaryclinton.org is not the work of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign and cyber security experts say it contains malicious software.
- Fiorina has Hillary defenders worried
- Carly Fiorina quietly making an impression in New Hampshire
- My interview with Carly Fiorina: ‘Our government is too powerful, too costly, too corrupt’ (Video)
- Carly Fiorina takes on Hillary: ‘Flying is passive activity, not accomplishment’
- Obama calls Chuck Todd ‘sad’
- Chuck Todd: Obama ‘nourishes’ me
- NBC’s Chuck Todd: Republicans have secured control of the House through 2022 (Video)
- Chuck Todd: Half of GOP opposes Syria because of politics, but 75% of Dems ‘rational and principled’