Topping the news this Saturday is word that angry protesters intend to shut down the city of Baltimore over the death of a black man in police custody. It’s the latest in a series of demonstrations of the rallying cry “Black lives matter.”
That some black lives matter less than others is suggested by another news story, this one focusing on a black burglar in Birmingham, Ala., who, upon hearing gunshots while robbing a home, held his 1-year-old son in front of him as a human shield.
The suspect, Rickie Rashee Walls and his accomplice, Ronnie Williams, were liberating a home last Tuesday when a neighbor noticed suspicious activity. The man phoned both the homeowner, who was at work, and the police. The homeowner arrived first and fired several warning shots.
Walls’s first impulse on hearing the sound was to hold his son in front of him. He then put the child down and bolted. He and Williams were apprehended the following day by Birmingham Police. Both have been charged third-degree burglary and second-degree theft of property and are being held without bond in Jefferson County Jail.
A question that logically arises from this mind-boggling story is what the infant child was doing at the scene of a home break-in in the first place? Was it father of the year candidate Rickie Rashee Walls’s turn to look after the kids while the wife was out shopping, and so he decided to take junior with him on a “job”?
In any case, police say they have notified child protective services.
- Protesters plan to ‘shut down’ Baltimore Saturday
- Mother fleeing crime scene uses own infant as human shield
- La. mom drove 6 juveniles to fight that left one of them wounded by gunfire
- Ga. mom busted after hosting teen party that included sex, booze, and drugs
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- Mother who killed her 2-year-old and buried him in a shallow grave had another child while in custody
- Mother convicted of pimping out her 15-year-old daughter
- Mother jailed for up to 30 years for burning off teen son’s penis and nipples with lighter
- Shock video: 7-year-old steals phone from woman’s purse at mother’s direction