Get ready to take back all the mean things you said about her — about how she lied about being dead broke at the end of her husband’s second term when in fact she had just received an advance on a lucrative multi-million dollar book deal; about how she charges a $250,000 a pop for public speaking engagements or her extravagant list of demands when making such appearances; about how she is so rich that she was able to seriously consider buying an $11 million dollar mansion situated on 20 acres of land and including a riding stable.
Hillary Clinton wants to be your champion, ordinary Americans. And to establish her bona fides as just another one of us “everyday people,” she flew back from her Midwest campaign launch in coach and shlepped her own luggage through Newark Liberty Airport.
This defining moment was immortalized on Twitter by Jonathan Allen of Vox and co-author of “HRC: State Secrets & the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton”:
It’s the self-service luggage lugging that makes the picture, but will that fit in the overhead bin? pic.twitter.com/66ml8oG206
— Jonathan Allen (@jonallendc) April 16, 2015
The Daily Mail notes that the aircraft was an Embraer ERJ-135 jet, adding that it was “a no-frills commercial flight without a First Class seat to be found anywhere.”
There was no live video of the event, so it’s impossible to know whether it was Aaron Copland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man” that played in the background (but an octave higher, making it for “Fanfare for the Common Woman”) or Sly and the Family Stone’s “Everyday People.”
- Hillary Clinton does damage control over ‘dead broke’ comment
- Dead broke no more: Hillary Clinton’s public speaking demand list
- Clintons looking to buy $11 million Westchester County mansion
- Hillary Clinton wants ‘unaccountable money’ out of politics? She should look in the mirror (Video)
- Hillary’s email problem just got worse
- Tweet of the Day: Hillary’s van parks in ‘handicapped’ space (Video)