It’s the little things parents do for their children that count so much. When a child has a soccer match or band practice, a conscientious parent will drive him to the field or school.
Which in a sense is what Lakenya Hall, 35, of Kenner, La., may have thought she was doing late in the day this past Wednesday. Her two sons and four other members of their gang needed a ride to a venue where the would face off against another gang. Hall was only too happy to oblige.
It remains to be seen whether one of the friends, a 14-year-old boy who suffered a gunshot wound to the leg, is grateful for the lift.
Hall, meanwhile, is under arrest for instigating the fight among minors, which include her 11- and 15-year-old sons.
Trending: Quick, name this war-torn country
According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the late afternoon fight was a continuation of a disagreement that had begun earlier in the day at a bus stop. At one point, a 15-year-old member of the rival gang produced out a .22-caliber pistol that he had stored in his backpack and began chasing Hall’s kids and their compatriots. He opened fire, hitting the 14-year-old boy. Authorities say they aren’t sure what the teens were fighting about.
Hall was booked with one count of disturbing the peace by fighting and six counts of contributing to the delinquency of juveniles. Kenner Police Department spokesman Lt. Brian McGregor explained the charges, telling reporters, “Just because you’ve been in a fight, it doesn’t give you the right to go over there and start a whole new fight. She’s instigating something by taking the group over there in the first place.”
Police also arrested Hall’s two sons and booked them with disturbing the peace by fighting. More arrests are expected.
Authorities have also learned that a video of the fight exists , and police are working to find it.
- Mother of the year: Woman caught shoplifting flees, leaves infant behind
- Mother who killed her 2-year-old and buried him in a shallow grave had another child while in custody
- Mother convicted of pimping out her 15-year-old daughter
- Mother jailed for up to 30 years for burning off teen son’s penis and nipples with lighter
- Shock video: 7-year-old steals phone from woman’s purse at mother’s direction
- Mother fleeing crime scene uses own infant as human shield
- Mom Tased daughter in the face for poor job cleaning house
- FL woman left young kids in car while attending rap concert
- Mom forces 9-year-old to pose nude for ‘porn shots’ to send to fiancé in jail