The question is not what Jesus would do but what a prophet associated with another prominent religion would do. That prophet is Muhammad, and what he would have done — according to the Islamic State — is burn alive a captive Jordanian air force pilot, which is what that terrorist group did earlier this month.
Of course, there were no airplanes and hence no pilots in the time of Muhammad, but the general point the IS is making in the latest latest issue of its propaganda magazine Dabiq is that the militants who immolated Jordanian Air Force First Lieutenant Muadh al-Kasasbeh were “follow[ing] the footsteps of Allah’s Messenger … in his harshness toward disbelievers.”
The argument in the article has something of the flavor of Hamurabi’s “eye for an eye” remedy:
In burning the crusader pilot alive and burying him under a pile of debris, the Islamic State carried out a just form of retaliation for his involvement in the crusader bombing campaign which continues to result in the killing of countless Muslims who, as a result of these airstrikes, are burned alive and buried under mountains of debris.
As Inquistr notes, the barbaric killing was condemned by fellow terrorist group Hezbollah and by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who — the article observes — “has been accused of covertly supporting ISIS by allowing the terror group’s recruits to cross Turkish borders into Syria.” So much for honor among thieves!
The Muhammad linkage creates a headache for yet another “prophet,” Barack Obama, who is increasingly painting himself into a corner with his denials that the Islamic State, notwithstanding its name, is guided by the tenets of Islam. Eventually, he’s going to have to come around, or the IS will. Who do you think will blink first?
- BREAKING: Horrific video emerges of ISIS burning captured Jordanian pilot alive
- Syrian man beheaded for violating Sharia law … by lighting up a smoke
- Is ISIS trying to flank Iran by opening a front in Jordan?
- Obama’s comparison of Christianity and ISIS technically correct but totally wrong
- ISIS video appears to show beheading of second Japanese hostage
- ISIS planning its own 24-hour TV channel
- When Obama repeats the claim ISIS is not Islamic, do its members have a good laugh?