If mocking a conservative because he is wheelchair-bound was good enough for the Wendy Davis campaign, it’s good enough for the Daily Kos. Last Thursday, Daily Kos editor David Waldman took aim and fired at Fox News Channel contributor Charles Krauthammer, who was paralyzed in a diving accident in his early twenties and has been confined to a wheelchair ever since.
Apparently vexed by Krauthammer’s appearance as much as his politics, Waldman tweeted this incredibly crude and insensitive message:
Thank you to our distinguished panel. pic.twitter.com/Dc00OEuTuW
— David Waldman (@KagroX) November 14, 2014
Some of the responses were predictable for members of the party that prides itself on civility:
@KagroX – Krauthammer is the one who said that Fox News created an “alternate reality”. Maybe he’s from somewhere Rod Serling created.
— Andrew (@andrewadastra) November 14, 2014
The majority of commenters, however, recognized that Waldman had crossed a line:
@KagroX You can’t hold Krauthammer’s jock, intellectually so you mock his appearance like a schoolboy. No wonder you’re at Daily Kos.
— Iceberg Five (@IcebergFive) November 14, 2014
- Wendy Davis campaign keeps reaching lower, now claiming Greg Abbott is ‘anti-dildo’
- Andrea Mitchell doesn’t believe Greg Abbott is really handicapped
- Video: Classy Davis campaign attacks Greg Abbott with ‘empty wheelchair’ ad
- MSNBC mocks Greg Abbott: ‘matchstick-thin legs dangling in front of him…’
- Video: Wendy Davis supporters mock Greg Abbott’s paraplegia
- Daily Kos salutes trashing of NYC ‘Cost of Teen Pregnancy’ PSAs
- Kos founder: Moderate Dems a ‘pile of suck’ but psycho Left making progress
- Tweet of the Day: Postcards from over the edge (viz., Nutroots Nation)